Wednesday, May 29, 2013


So I've been in a bit of a funk since publishing Monsoon Reign. I started on book two, but after two chapters suddenly found myself in a creative lapse that really brought me down. Then when I'd had enough moping around the house for a few days I grabbed my camera, GPS and car keys; then hit the road. The beauty of being an army wife, is that we're never anywhere long enough to really know the area we live in. So I enjoy just getting in the car and getting lost, so to speak. Here in Virginia it's easy to go down a side road and wander into the countryside without it being too hard to find your way back. But I bring the GPS just in case. 

I thought it might be interesting to include some of the places I find here on my blog. After all I can't write about my book all the time. That would get rather boring and since I love to take pictures I'll share some of them with you wonderful readers. I hope you enjoy them.

Today's theme is churches. I absolutely love the tiny little churches all over the countryside here. Many have their own private cemeteries as well. Here are a couple I found charming enough to stop and photograph.

I just had to pull over to look at this one. There is also a small cemetery to the left that I didn't take a picture of for some reason.

This was my favorite sight of the day. I love the reserved sign on the hitching post. Here in horse country I can't help but wonder if the pastor doesn't sometimes ride to church. I would!


I noticed this place on a previous drive and returned to get a picture this time.

 Here's a close up my daughter took.
"There can be only one." What else can I say. I'm a dork!


No comments:

Post a Comment