Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I have admit that I am having a blast with my first try at NaNo. At first the idea of writing 50,000 in 30 days is daunting. But now that I'm already 12,336 words in I believe I can achieve it. Plus I've recaptured the joy of writing. I'm having fun and not worrying about what others are going to think of my writing. That will come later as I revise :)

I have another excerpt I'd like to share. Please forgive the quality of these snippets I'm posting. They are merely first drafts, I haven't even gone back to read over and weed out the evil was, were and other passive writing that plagues rough drafts. Regardless it gives and idea of where the story is going and I hope it is enjoyed.

“Wait a second.” She sat up and he halted in the doorway. “Are we sharing this room?”
“Yes.”
“But there’s only one bed.” She wasn’t sure why she protested. She suddenly felt an intense desire to bed this man. “Never mind, that.”
“Johanna.” Wolf had a warning tone to his voice as he turned to stare at her.
“It’s alright.” She walked over to him and put her hand on his chest. His deliciously hard muscled, wide chest. She let her hand slide slowly down to the waistband of his jeans. “Mind if I join you in the shower?”
“Johanna,” he repeated as he leveled his heated gaze at her. “As tempting as your offer is, I’ll have to decline.” He stepped back from her reach. “This is just a side effect of all those pesky emotions returning to you at once.”
“No, Wolf.” She’d never been so sure of wanting a man in her life. This couldn’t be wrong. “I want you… I need you tonight.”
His face betrayed his desire for her and it was all the encouragement she needed. This time she put both hands on the collar of his jacket and pulled him down, planting her lips on his. She could sense his resolve melting as she ran her tongue over the crevice in his lips, taunting him to open up to her kiss. He didn’t disappoint. One arm pulled her tight against him as they deepened the kiss. The hard ridge of his arousal ground into her belly and he placed a gentle hand on the back of her head. Cradling her like she precious to him.
Then he pulled back and set her away from him with his hands on her shoulders. “I’m sorry, that was wrong. This is wrong.”
“Why?” She pleaded.
“You are royalty. I’m a knight sworn to protect you. Besides the fact that I’m kind of twenty years older than you.”
“Who cares.” She tried to approach him again but he held her back.
“These feelings you have, princess. They’re intense I know, but they will fade. Most likely by the morning. You will level out and not feel such extremes. If we did this you would only regret it tomorrow.”
“How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me princess?” She could feel anger replacing the intense lust that had overcome her just minutes ago. Perhaps he was right.
“I beg your pardon, Johanna.” He gave her a curt bow and started for the bathroom again. “You take the bed, I will sleep on the pullout.”

“Fine.” She stomped to the bed and changed into a t-shirt before sliding in between the sheets. She listened to the spray of the shower and as she dozed off she prayed she would wake up tomorrow to find this had all been a dream. Same as last time she met Wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment