Tuesday, November 5, 2013

NaNo day five: Finished off at 10,038 words and something amazing happened. My main character just had an awesome moment of magic and healing.

Here's an excerpt:

“Whatever.” John sneered and turned away to look out the windows. “It doesn’t matter anyway. She’s never been and never will be part of our family.”
“Exactly.” Johanna firmed her resolve to finish this. “I didn’t ask for this. I had parents, great parents that loved me. They loved me enough to send me away when it was dangerous. They gave everything up to save my life. I can’t complain about how you people treated me. I did nothing to deserve any better. And I understand the despair you must have felt at losing someone so dear to you. But my parents deserved better than the ingratitude you’ve shown. No, I’m not your daughter.” Her heart felt lighter from stating that simple phrase. “Wolf was wrong to think I could simply replace her. I’m sorry for what you’ve suffered. However, I was just a child. A lost little girl that needed a family. She… I needed love and comfort. To feel the safe, warm arms of a mother around her.”
Warm tears rolled down her cheeks but she didn’t bother to wipe them away. “You didn’t have to forget your Johanna, but you could have honored her memory. You could have shown some humanity and cared just a little bit about another child in need.”
Now she did wipe her cheeks dry. “This burden is gone. For you, I will never appear in your life again. It will be as if I never existed to you. And for me, I forgive you and will not waste another second thinking about you.”
A subtle ripple of light flashed through the room and the family all stared at her in confusion.
“Can we help you?” Her father asked as he held her mother’s hand.
“What?” She spun to Wolf for an answer.
He leaned to whisper in her ear. “You’ve made them forget. We can move forward now.”
“Miss?” John had turned from the window and looked at her expectantly.
“Sorry… I must have stepped into the wrong room.”
“No problem.” He father gave her a smile. It was the first time she’d ever seen one on his face and it made him appear younger. “I hope you find what you’re looking for.”
“Thanks.” She turned to leave and spoke once more as she walked out the door. “Goodbye Mack… Vera… John."


On a side note I found another picture on the internet that I just loved and wanted to share. Now Wolf isn't really a wolf or even werewolf, but he does ride a motorcycle LOL.


Today's post was accompanied by lots of coffee and Early Jazz Radio by Pandora. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment